The hotel industry has been competing over the past six months for future business by leveraging elite status. From credit cards offering status for just opening the card to various spending challenges; the battle of the brands has waged on. Most folks in the Points & Miles would agree that Hyatt offers one of the most rewarding elite status benefits. Learn more about earning Hyatt Elite Status in 2021 in this basic breakdown!
Why I Love Hyatt Elite Status
Before I breakdown the new 2021 Hyatt Elite Status requirements let’s take a look at what makes the rewards program so great.
- Free nights start at 5,000 World of Hyatt points per night
- The ability to transfer points from the Chase Ultimate Rewards Program at a 1:1 ratio
- Unique ways to earn free nights like staying at different properties and spending on the co-branded World of Hyatt Credit Card
- Club lounge access, suite upgrades, and complimentary breakfast as a Hyatt Globalist Member!
- As a World of Hyatt Globalist member, you can utilize the Guest of Honor perk. This allows you to book a friend or family member’s reservation and share the perks of being a Globalist Member with them.
The Hyatt Elite Status 2021 Requirements
In 2021, earning elite status with World of Hyatt will be reduced by 50%. This means that for each status tier, a member can meet the required threshold by earning half the number of points or staying half the number of nights. It’s important to note that this reduction does not apply to earning Milestone Rewards and Lifetime Globalist.
Reduced 2021 World of Hyatt elite status qualifications include:
- Discoverist – Stay five Tier-Qualifying Nights or earn 12,500 Base Points
- Explorist – Stay 15 Tier-Qualifying Nights or earn 25,000 Base Points
- Globalist – Stay 30 Tier-Qualifying Nights or earn 50,000 Base Points
Stacking with Current Promotions
Bonus Journeys – This promotion requires you to opt-in by January 15th, 2021, and comes with some serious value. 3X points on all stays, 4X points on all resort stays (Hyatt Credit Card Holders Only), and all nights earned in 2020 will be applied towards status in 2021. Opt-in by clicking here!
Points Rebate – This promotion requires you to opt-in by January 15th, 2021 like the Bonus Journeys promotion. After opting in, all World of Hyatt members will receive free parking and 15% back in points on all award bookings. World of Hyatt Credit Card members will receive an additional 10% rebate (25% total) on all award bookings. Opt-in by clicking here!
New World of Hyatt Credit Credit Card Members
Through December 31st, 2020, folks who apply and are approved for the World of Hyatt credit card will also receive ten qualifying night credits that will count for both 2020 and 2021. In addition, cardholders receive two qualifying night credits for every $5,000 spent on the World of Hyatt Credit Card. If you time this right you can be in a very strategic position for earning Globalist in 2021!
I wish I could take advantage of the Ten qualifying elite night credits right now but unfortunately, I am over 5/24. Remember to qualify for this card, you must have not opened five or more new credit cards in the previous 24 months. The good thing is that Lisa received the Ten nights from our Tree incident a few months ago and will be pursuing Globalist via these Hyatt Elite Status 2021 promotions!
Let us know!
Are you going to go for Globalist in 2021 via these promotions? I’d love to hear from you down in the comments or over in the 4,600+ Member Basic Travel Facebook Group!
More Basic Reading
- Top 5 Hotels to book with World of Hyatt points!
- How to book a $4,386 two night stay at Miraval Arizona for $50
- 9 Reasons why we love Hyatt Place Niagara Falls
- Basic Guide to Earning World of Hyatt Points
- Basic Guide to Redeeming World of Hyatt Points
- Ultimate Utah State Park Road Trip with Itinerary
- Where Can You Travel this Holiday Season?
- Basic Guide to the New England Roadtrip + Acadia National Park
- How to Turn a Rotting Tree into 17 Free Hotel Nights
- Basic Guide to Airline, Hotel, and Travel Portal Change/Cancelation Policies due to Coronavirus