Note: The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. You may view our current offers here.
Disclosure: Basic Travel Couple, LLC has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Basic Travel Couple, LLC and CardRatings and MileValue may receive a commission from card issuers. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Marriott Bonvoy has an incredible list of amazing hotels across its 30 brand portfolio. There is a handful of luxury properties that make even the biggest points and miles junkies excited to book. Typically, these are properties that give you an insane value of cents per point. For us Basic Travelers, we normally would all just dream about being a millionaire who could pay for it in cash at the drop of a hat. Before we dive in, if you are new to the points and miles game, we will show you the ropes. If you need to learn the basics of how to earn Marriot Bonvoy Points, check out our basic review. Next up you can check out how to redeem your Marriott Bonvoy Points for a full understanding of the program.
Join Our Basic Travel Facebook Group to Stay in the Loop on the Latest Travel & Finance News!
Check out the Top 5 best Marriott properties worldwide that can you give you the best ‘bang for your points’
1. St. Regis Vommuli Resort, Maldives
- Category: 8 (85,000 points per night)
- 5x nights @ $14,115 or 340,000 (With 5th Night Free Promotion) will give you a value of 4.1 cents per point
Widely regarded as one of the best properties in the world that you can spend your hard-earned points on. The St. Regis Maldives boasts some of the best overwater villa views you can get in the Maldives. You will need every ounce of value your points can provide here. Certain costs are not included with your booking, such as the seaplane costs to get the island. This is around $1,500 for two people. However, Unlike some properties in the Marriott portfolio, the St. Regis does honor Marriott Bonvoy status. If you are platinum or above, you can expect to have some awesome amenities included. A lavish breakfast covered in full every morning is a complementary amenity included for your status.
2. Al Maha, A Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai
- Category: 8 (85,000 points a night)
- 5x nights @ $9,246 or 340,000 (with 5th Night Free Promotion) will give you a value of 2.72 cents per point.
Sitting outside Dubai, deep in the desert, Al Maha boasts an all-suite property that will make any points and miles enthusiasts jealous. Along with spacious accommodations, Al Maha includes a full board package in your room rate. This includes dining, at the property restaurant, OR room service at no additional charge. Additionally, you are entitled to several complementary activities per day. These activities include camel riding, dune bashing, and falconry. Finally, don’t forget to top off every night with a champagne sunset toast. This location in the desert offers a jaw-dropping view.
Earn 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy points once you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. This card is great for maximizing your value on Marriott Bonvoy properties. Some of our favorite features include:
- Earn 6 points per dollar at participating Marriott Hotels, 3 points per dollar at U.S. restaurants and flights booked directly with airlines, and 2x points per dollar on all other purchases.
- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of card membership for eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- $450 Annual Fee (Rates & Fees)
- Terms Apply.
- Learn More Here.
3. Ritz Carlton, New York Central Park
- Category: 8 (85,000 Points Per Night)
- 5x nights @ $6,112.00 or 340,000 points will give you a value of 1.7 cents per point.
Downtown New York City is exceptionally notorious for being as expensive as it gets when it comes to major city accommodations. This amazing Marriott Bonvoy Ritz Carlton is some of the best spots points can buy you. Located right in the thick of Manhattan, gives you direct access to the city, with a luxurious special treat getaway.
4. JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort and Spa
- Category: 5 (35,000 Points per Night)
- 5x nights @ $3,136.11 or 140,000 points will give you a value of 2.21 cents per point.
Another stunning unique Marriott Bonvoy property is this fantastic property on an island off the west coast of Vietnam. It also has one of the best luxury to points value ratios you can find coming in at only a category 5! The entire resort is themed like a university and encapsulates a beautiful marriage of French and Vietnamese decor and architecture.
Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points once you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. Offer expires 8/31/22. This card is great for earning on your business travel hotel stays.
- 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 4x points at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers, and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases
- Earn 1 free night award each card year on your cardmember anniversary.
- Receive complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- $125 annual fee. (Rates & Fees)
Terms Apply. Learn More Here.
5. JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa
- Category: 7 (60,000 Points per Night)
- 5x nights @ $2,451.00 or 240,000 points will give you a value of 1.00 cents per point.
Let’s face it, it doesn’t get much cooler visiting a privately owned island next to Venice and entering in style like James Bond might. The JW Marriott in Venice gives you a little seclusion from the packed throngs of tourists. You can spend your day wandering around and exploring the sight. Afterward, be sure to treat yourself to a quiet evening by way of complimentary speedboat from St. Mark’s Square. At a Category 6 property, this can certainly be a sweet spot, especially when you look at some of the other choices you would have in Venice.
Now that you have a little travel inspiration, I hope this article inspires you to check out availability on some of these amazing Marriott Bonvoy properties. Do you think we made the right call on this list? What would you add? Let us know in the comments below or in our 4,000+ member Facebook group!
New to Credit Card Rewards Points? Check out the BASICS Below!
- Learn how to utilize credit card points with our Basic Travel Course
- Basic Travel 101
- Basic Travel 102
- Credit Scores 101
- Knowing the Rules
- 5/24 Status
- Top Credit Card Offers
- How to Earn Credit Card Bonuses
- Expedited Airport Screening
- Cashback Sites
Basic Travel Couple, LLC has partnered with CardRatings and MileValue.com for our coverage of credit card products and may receive a commission from card issuers. Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
The comments section below responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.