Note: The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. You may view our current offers here.
Disclosure: Basic Travel Couple, LLC has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Basic Travel Couple, LLC and CardRatings and MileValue may receive a commission from card issuers. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
The word on the street is one of the top credit card offers of 2021 is going to be pulled in the coming weeks. Last spring, the Citi Premier welcome offer was bumped from 60,000 to 80,000 points after spending $4,000 in the first three months. At one cent per point, this offer is worth an additional $200 and even more when used for travel. Learn what I love about the Citi Premier in this basic breakdown!
Join Our Basic Travel Facebook Group to Stay in the Loop on the Latest Travel & Finance News!
Earn 80,000 ThankYou Points after spending $4,000 in the first three months of account opening. There is a $95 annual fee that is not waived.
For a limited time: Earn 80,000 ThankYou Points after you spend $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. Other perks include:
- 3x at Restaurants, Supermarkets and Gas Stations
- 3x on Airfare and hotels
- 1x on all other purchases
Basic Thoughts: Citi Premier Card is a great travel card with transferrable points, cash back options, and easy-to-earn points. Read our full review of ThankYou Points here.
Learn More Here.
The Citi Premier is a great everyday credit card earning 3%/3X per $1 spent on almost everything that I normally would purchase including:
- Gas Stations
All other purchases are 1%/1X.
The ThankYou Points are some of the most versatile in the credit card rewards space. They can be used via travel partners, a travel portal, or even cashed out at a 1 cent per point ratio with the Citi Premier Card. This means that the 80,000 ThankYou point welcome offer is worth $800 if they are cashed out.
ThankYou Points Sweet Spots
There are so many different options for redeeming ThankYou Points via the transfer partners. Here are some of my favorite options below!
- 87,000 ThankYou Points to LifeMiles to book Lufthansa First Class (Retail cost ~ Approx. $10,000)
- 7,500 ThankYou Points to Turkish to book domestic one way economy flights anywhere in the US (Including Hawaii)
- 120,000 ThankYou Points to Virgin Atlantic to book a Roundtrip First Class flight on ANA from the East Coast to Japan
- 86,000 ThankYou Points to Singapore to book a First Class Suite from New York to Frankfurt or 132,000 to Singapore
- 15,000 ThankYou Points to Wyndham to book a night in a Vacasa Rental
- 8,000 to 25,000 ThankYou Points to Choice Privileges for a night at an All-Inclusive hotel in the Dominican Republic
Don’t sleep on one of the top offers of 2021. I’d imagine the welcome offer will be reduced back to 60,000 ThankYou points but it’s anyone’s guess. My all-time favorite ThankYou redemption was flying first class on Lufthansa for 87,000 LifeMiles. What makes this offer even better was that Citi offered a transfer bonus to LifeMiles which meant fewer points for this redemption!
Find this offer and more via our Top Credit Cards of the Month Ranking
How would you use 80,000 ThankYou Points?
I’d love to hear down in the comments below or over in our 7,100+ Member Basic Travel Facebook Group!
More Basic Reading
- Top Credit Cards of the Month
- Learn how to utilize credit card points with our Basic Travel Course
- How to book an Overwater Bungalow at the Conrad Maldives for cheap!
- Seven Steps to utilize credit card reward points to Save Money
- 16 Side Hustles that can Qualify for a Small Business Credit Card
- Step-by-Step Guide to Completing a Small Business Credit Card Application
Basic Travel Couple, LLC has partnered with CardRatings and MileValue.com for our coverage of credit card products and may receive a commission from card issuers. Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
The comments section below responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.