Note: The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. You may view our current offers here.
Disclosure: Basic Travel Couple, LLC has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Basic Travel Couple, LLC and CardRatings and MileValue may receive a commission from card issuers. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
The American Express Centurion Lounges are well known for their curated cuisine and intimate approach to airport lounge luxury. One of my favorite new lounges to open has a brand new Breakfast and Lunch/Dinner /menu. The JFK Centurion Lounge’s new menu is absolutely 10X better than the original. See what has changed in this basic review!
Join Our Basic Travel Facebook Group to Stay in the Loop on the Latest Travel & Finance News!
Breakfast Selection at the JFK Amex Centurion Lounge
I did not have the chance to visit for breakfast but the staff did let me know that it has been well received. The old menu had a breakfast sandwich and fruit & yogurt parfait. As pictured above, the new menu includes French Toast, Potato Frittata, and even an immunity booster shot. I like new changes here and look forward to trying these in the near future!
Earn 100,000 membership rewards once you spend $6,000 on purchases within the first 6 months of Card Membership. Terms Apply. This is an amazing travel card with plenty of extra perks for those who travel often.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small on up to $25,000 during your first 6 months of card membership.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Each year you can get $200 back in statement credits on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM and The New York Times. Enrollment Required.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Casn and Uber VIP status avialable to Basic Card Member Only
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, including our favorite Centurion Lounge access. (Such as Centurion Lounge DEN)
- $695 Annual Fee. (Rates & Fees)
- Terms Apply.
- Learn More Here.
Lunch/Dinner Selection at the JFK Centurion Lounge
Now don’t get me wrong, I certainly enjoyed the previous menu. There was a mushroom sandwich that I could not get enough of. However, the new menu is completely better in every way. Not only are there more options, I think the new options are much more delicious.
Visit our Top Credit Cards Page for our favorite cards!
My favorite new options from the JFK Centurion Lunch & Dinner menu are the Chicken Milanese which is served with a lemon and a spicy mustard. Next, the Potato Salad and Gnocchi Amatriciana pack a ton of flavor. Again, there is a hint of lemon in the Yukon potatoes which jumped out at me. Lisa really enjoyed the Carrot Soup and Creme Caramel Flan for dessert.
I’m definitely happy with the upgrade to the JFK Centurion Lounge and am looking forward to enjoying these new options going forward. Now that travel is picking back up, there’s no doubt that I will be transiting through my sort-of home base (second to BUF) more often. Of course, a trip to the JFK Centurion Lounge is not complete without a visit to the secret speakeasy (Shhh).
Don't quite need Airline or Hotel credit cards just yet? If you are looking for a Cash Back Credit Card, 0% intro APR or a Balance Transfer Card, we've got you covered with our Top Credit Card Offers.
Let us know!
Have you visited the JFK Centurion Lounge and tried the new menu? If so, what did you think?! I’d love to hear from you down in the comments or over in the 4,900+ Member Basic Travel Facebook Group!
More Basic Reading
- Full Review of the JFK Centurion Lounge + Video Walkthrough
- Amex DEN Centurion Lounge Review
- Our Top Strategies for Cutting Travel Costs (Free eBook)
- Five Reasons why I love the Amex Gold Card
- Basic Guide to Credit Cards that Offer Priority Pass Lounge Access
- Lounge Challenge at JFK Airport
Basic Travel Couple, LLC has partnered with CardRatings and MileValue.com for our coverage of credit card products and may receive a commission from card issuers. Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
The comments section below responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.