Disclosure: Basic Travel Couple, LLC has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Basic Travel Couple, LLC and CardRatings and MileValue may receive a commission from card issuers. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Over the course of the pandemic, Hilton has done a pretty great job supporting its honors members. There have been a variety of status extensions, lowering of qualifications to earn status, and my favorite – flexibility with the free weekend night certificates. Today, Hilton announced that they have extended the benefits again. Learn which ones are included in this basic breakdown!
Join Our Basic Travel Facebook Group to Stay in the Loop on the Latest Travel & Finance News!
Hilton Honors Updates – September 2021
- Extending status through March 31, 2023
- Pausing Points expiration until Dec. 31, 2022
- Relaxing 2022 qualifications around earning Status, Milestone Bonuses, and Status Gifting
In 2022, Hilton Honors members will earn the following:
Status Tier Requirements
- Silver status at seven nights, three stays or 17,500 Base Points.
- Gold status at 28 nights, 14 stays or 52,500 Base Points.
- Diamond status at 42 nights, 21 stays or 84,000 Base Points.
- 10,000 Bonus Points at 30 nights.
- 10,000 Bonus Points for every 10 additional nights (after 30 nights).
- One-time 30,000 Bonus Points at 60 nights.
Elite Status Gifting
- One-time gift of Gold status for a friend or family member at 40 nights, which can be upgraded to Diamond status at 70 nights.
Extending Rollover Nights
- All completed 2021 nights automatically roll over and count toward 2022 tier qualifications.
Hilton Co-Branded Credit Card
- Free Weekend Night Certificates, including those issued in 2022 can continue to be used any night of the week (not just on weekends).
- Hilton Honors Bonus Points earned from eligible purchases on any Hilton Honors Co-Branded Credit Card will continue to count as Base Points toward Elite tier qualification and Lifetime Diamond status through Dec. 31, 2022.
I like the Hilton Honors extensions announced today and hope that the other hotels provide similar ones for their members. My favorite update is that the Hilton Free Night Certificates can be used for any night through 12-31-2022 which is awesome. Over the summer, I used those same certificates at premium properties like the Waldorf Astoria’s in Rome and Amsterdam. The extension of Hilton elite status is also nice to see, knowing that I’ll have Diamond Status through March 2023 is one less thing to worry about earning this year.
What do you think of the Hilton Honors Extensions?
I’d love to hear down in the comments below or over in our 6,000+ Member Basic Travel Facebook Group!
More Basic Reading
- Top 7 Hotels to book with Hilton Honors Points
- Basic Guide to Earning Hilton Honors Points
- Basic Guide to Redeeming Hilton Honors Points
- Why I paid $95 to upgrade my no-fee Hilton Credit Card (Hint Cover Photo)
- Elevated Hilton Honors Offers
- 11 Reasons you need the Hilton Honors Aspire Credit Card in your Wallet
Basic Travel Couple, LLC has partnered with CardRatings and MileValue.com for our coverage of credit card products and may receive a commission from card issuers. Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
The comments section below responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.