Note: The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. You may view our current offers here.
Disclosure: Basic Travel Couple, LLC has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Basic Travel Couple, LLC and CardRatings and MileValue may receive a commission from card issuers. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
In the past, U.S. Bank did not have as many exciting card offerings. Now, they have come out with quite a few compelling offers that we will detail below! This article will encompass all of U.S. Banks cards, including business cards.
Join Our Basic Travel Facebook Group to Stay in the Loop on the Latest Travel & Finance News!
Business cards and Chase 5/24
Some of you may know I have been trying to get under Chase 5/24 for SOME time now. I FINALLY was back under early March and I have 2 more falling off in May. I was holding out on applying for any new credit to just work with Chase for a bit. Well, then the COVID-19 decided to bring its ugly virus around and messed up pretty much everyone in the world’s plans.
So, I quickly was able to apply and get approved for a Chase Ink Business Cash® Credit Card the other day. I was planning on playing the sitting game again.
U.S. Bank surprised me with these two new offers that I’ll break down below, including their previous business card. The good news about these offers though is that they are business card offerings, and U.S. Bank does not report business spending to personal credit bureaus. What does that mean for you? These two card offerings will not count against you for Chase’s 5/24 rule. Yay! Now you just have to decide which one will work best for you.
US Bank Business Card Offers
- Earn $500 after you spend $4,500 in the first 150 days of card opening
- 0% intro APR for the first 15 billing cycles
- No Annual Fee
- 5% cash back on prepaid hotels and car rentals booked directly through the Travel Rewards Center
- 3% cash back at select categories
- Annual 25% Cash Rewards Bonus, up to $250
The 3% Select Purchases category includes Gas Stations and EV charging stations, Office supply stores, and Cell Phone Service Providers, and restaurant net purchases.
I’m actually super impressed with this business card. Offering 0% on introductory purchases for 15 months essentially will be huge for businesses needing to get by during these tough times. No annual fee, and even a $500 welcome offer. I really have no negatives to say! Even the annual 25% cash rewards bonus sounds awesome. I will be applying for this card today.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn $750 in rewards after spending $7,500 in eligible net purchases in the first 120 days of account opening
- Automatically earn 2x points per dollar on eligible net purchases in the top two categories where you spend the most each month.
- Earn 1x points per dollar on all other eligible net purchases
- No caps or limits on the total points you can earn
- $95 annual fee, waived the first year.
- Learn More
I like that you can automatically earn 2x points per dollar on your top two spending categories. This is great for any odds n ends business expenses you might not have but they do not qualify for any other ‘bonus categories’ It is also great that there are no caps or limits on the total points you can earn.
- Limited time offer: 0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 20 billing cycles. After that, a variable APR is currently 13.49%-22.49%.
- $0 annual fee
U.S. Bank Personal Cards
There are three personal cards within the U.S. Bank brand that I will break down below. These cards WILL count against your 5/24 status, so be sure to keep an eye on that if you are trying to stay under.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $2,000 in eligible purchases within the first 120 days of account opening. This card equates to $500 value
- $0 Annual Fee first year, $95 after
- 5x on prepaid hotels and car rentals booked directly in the Altitude Rewards Center
- 4x on travel, gas and EV charging stations
- 2x on streaming services, grocery stores, and grocery delivery services
- Plus, a $30 credit for annual streaming purchases like Netflix, Hulu, Spotify®, Apple Music, Disney+, HBO Max and more!
- Earn 20,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 in eligible purchases within the first 90 days of account opening. The 20,000 bonus points can be redeemed for $200 cash back, travel, and more.
- $0 Annual Fee
- 4x on dining, takeout, and restaurant delivery
- 2X points at grocery stores, grocery delivery, gas stations, and EV charging stations.
- 1X point on all other eligible purchases.
- $15 credit for annual streaming purchases like Netflix, Hulu, Spotify®, Apple Music, Disney+, HBO Max and more!
- 0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 billing cycles. After that, a variable APR applies, currently 16.49% – 25.49%.
- Limited time Offer: Enjoy a 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 20 billing cycles. After that, a variable APR currently 15.99%-25.99%.
- No Annual Fee
- Get up to $600 protection on your cell phone (subject to $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft when you pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your U.S.Bank Visa® Platinum Credit Card. Certain terms, conditions, and exclusions apply.
- New! $200 bonus after spending $1,000 in eligible purchases within the first 120 days of account opening
- 0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 billing cycles. After that, a variable APR currently 15.99% – 25.99%
- 5% cash back on your first $2,000 in combined eligible purchases each quarter on two categories you choose.
- 5% cash back on prepaid air, hotel and car reservations booked directly in the Rewards Travel Center.
- 2% cash back on one everyday category, like Gas Stations/EV Charging Stations, Grocery Stores or Restaurants.
- 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases.
- $0 Annual Fee
The U.S. Bank Business Leverage(R) Visa Signature(R) Card is definitely the better deal of the two for the ‘up front’ welcome offer of $750 vs the $500 you’d get from the U.S. Bank Triple Business Cash Rewards World Elite(TM) MasterCard(R). However, I am leaning towards applying for the Business Cash Rewards card as it will net you the $500 welcome offer as well as a 25% Annual Cash Rewards Bonus at the end of the year, up to $250, which equals the same $750. It also has 0% interest for 15 months.
Either way though, you can’t go wrong. Both seem to be great cards welcome offers. I will update the post with applying once I have a decision made!
I’d love to hear down in the comments below or over in our 7,100+ Member Basic Travel Facebook Group!
Basic Travel Couple, LLC has partnered with CardRatings and MileValue.com for our coverage of credit card products and may receive a commission from card issuers. Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
The comments section below responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.