In the cashback portal world, Rakuten (Formely ebates) is typically one of the top birds in the flock. By using these portals over the years I’ve learned that some are more reliable than others. Some portals don’t do that well at recording purchases and paying out cashback earned. The good news is that’s not the case with Rakuten. They are one of the top options for cashback which is why I’m excited about this promotion.
Through May 16th, Rakuten will be rewarding members and their referrals with a $40 refer-a-friend bonus. I can’t think of a cashback portal referral offer that has been this high before. In order for both parties to receive the $40 the following steps must take place:
- Use a Rakuten Referral Link to Signup for a New Account
- The new account holder then needs to spend $40 through their portal within 1 year.
- Both You and your friend will receive $40 Each!
Examples of Stores you can purchase from through Rakuten
There are a ton of popular stores that offer cashback and some very easy ways to meet the $40 minimum spending requirement in order to receive the bonus. Here are some of my favorite options:
- Best Buy
- Giftcards.com – Buy a Giftcard to your favorite store 🙂
This is one of the top Referral Bonuses I’ve seen to date from a cashback portal. If you don’t have a Rakuten Account, you can support our blog by using our Rakuten Referral Link to signup. If you’ve used Rakuten, I’m wondering if you have a special cashback sweet spot that you love?
I’d love to hear down in the comments below or over in our 7,100+ Member Basic Travel Facebook Group!
More Basic Reading
- Top Credit Cards of the Month
- Learn how to utilize credit card points with our Basic Travel Course
- How to book an Overwater Bungalow at the Conrad Maldives for cheap!
- Seven Steps to utilize credit card reward points to Save Money
- 16 Side Hustles that can Qualify for a Small Business Credit Card
- Step-by-Step Guide to Completing a Small Business Credit Card Application