If you were to check out our Top Credit Cards page, you would notice Chase Sapphire Preferred on there at spot one from month to month. We are a huge fan of Chase Ultimate Rewards Points and have a good reason to be. The points can be used for Pay Yourself Back, to use within Chase’s portal, or even to transfer to airline and hotel partners. There are SO many possibilities with this card that make it our favorite. So, let’s dig into some of the perks of having this card.
Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefits
The typical Chase Sapphire Preferred bonus for the last few years was a 50,000-60,000 welcome offer. If the points are redeemed for travel in the UR portal, that is $625-$750 in value. Not only do you get a better welcome offer, but the Chase Sapphire Preferred also provides the following benefits:
- $50 Hotel Credit annual when booking a stay through the Chase Travel Portal
- 5x on Travel Purchases in the Chase Travel portal
- 3x on Restaurants, streaming services and onilne groceries (excludes Target, Walmart, and Wholesale Clubs as well as in-store grocery purchases)
- Transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to other hotels and airlines
- No foreign transaction fees
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Trip cancellation/interruption insurance
- Baggage Delay insurance
Earn 60,000 bonus points once you spend $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is one of our favorite Travel cards in our wallet.
- Earn a $50 hotel credit annually when you book a stay through the Chase Travel Portal
- Earn 5x UR when booking travel through the Chase Portal
- 3x on dining, select streaming services and online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart, and Wholesale clubs). Also excludes in-store grocery purchases
Learn more about Travel Credit Cards here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred comes with a $95 annual fee
Who can get this card?
A few years ago, along with the ‘unwritten rule’ of 5/24, Chase also made a rule that you cannot hold more than one Sapphire Product, and you are not eligible for a sign-up bonus on a Sapphire product if you had one within the last 48 months. It has been almost 4 years since the Chase Sapphire Reserve was launched, so many of us will be eligible for this card again. So again, to be eligible you have to:
- Be under 5/24
- Not currently hold a Sapphire Product (Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve)
- Not received a bonus in the last 48 months for a Chase Sapphire Product.
It is super important to know your 5/24 status, so be sure to figure that out before you apply to ensure you will be eligible for the bonus. It is also important to note that it is 48 months since the bonus posted. Not since opening the card on any sapphire product.
Don’t quite need Airline or Hotel credit cards just yet? If you are looking for a Cash Back Credit Card, 0% intro APR or a Balance Transfer Card, we’ve got you covered with our Top Credit Card Offers.
Chase’s Pay Yourself Back redemption period was extended in late September. You can read more detailed information on the Chase Pay Yourself back promotion here. This will give you information on all of Chase’s brands for the pay yourself back promotions, including business cards. There is also a detailed redemption guide on how to redeem for the Chase Pay Yourself Back promotion in this article.
You can also check out the latest grocery store promotion that Chase is offering starting November 1st. This will go through April 30th and is a great addition to the Chase Pay Yourself back promotion. Getting extra points for your everyday spending is always a win in my book. Getting to redeem them then for cash back afterwords is an even better win!
Chase Sapphire Preferred is one of our favorite travel cards that I have kept in my wallet for the last 4 years. Chase’s latest pay yourself back promotion you could trade those points in for 1.25% cash back. It is a great beginner card to just getting started in the points and miles game, but it also has so many incredible travel perks and savings.
Let us know your thoughts on if you are eligible to grab this card!